Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Minnie Mouse Smash Cake ( with updated pull apart cake)

So after the dog ate my cake and my wonderful mother came to the rescue I took a nap and then started on the next cake in line - another graduation sheet cake (looks the same as the other so I won't bore you with pictures). After that I finished my night off with a fun little cake.

Minnie Mouse smash cake - milk chocolate cake with butter cream icing and fondant ears and bow.

I had originally bought a cool black and pink zebra striped bow to place on top of the cake but after some playing I found that the black coloring on the frosting leaches onto fabric so I had to make a bow. Anyway, I hope Miss McKynlee likes it.

Update: Finished the cupcake pull apart cake today. I have to admit it looks a little more like a little girl with an afro than it does Minnie Mouse. Or as my fiance said "it could pass for Mickey Mouse in drag".


Minnie Mouse pull apart cake - french vanilla and milk chocolate cupcakes with butter cream icing.

Minnie Mouse head cake pops - these happen to be vanilla but I also made chocolate and peanut butter.

Awww - I love how cute this turned out - Thank You again to Alisha Duenas (see my recommended links) for saving me with all the cute minnie head pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment