Friday, May 13, 2011

We are having a heat wave.... a tropical heat wave ~~~~~~~~~~

With a recent heat wave and average temperatures for July (in MAY!!) it is only fitting that I got a cake order for a Luau themed birthday cake. Bright colors adorn this cute cake and the birthday girl was sooo sweet and thanked me for making her "wonderful" cake.

It's a luau! - Neon colored whipped icing adorns a three layered top tier of french vanilla cake and two layer bottom tiered milk chocolate cake. Fondant accents were used to make a grass skirt for the cake and also a flower lei and palm trees complete with little coconuts.

I was excited that the weather held out long enough for me to deliver this cake with out a disaster like rain or all the crappy things falling out of the trees these days showering the cake. Next weeks cakes are Minnie Mouse and Graduation themed - be sure to check back as I fill my first order of cake for 100 people. I also got my first order for a wedding cake today - 150 people - soooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment